This week there’s no Friday meeting update from me because last week, I was teaching our Resin Administration training course, which went quite well I think. We averaged more than 4 out of 5 in the survey results, so I think at least some of the students agreed.
Now the next course we have planned is developer focused, but we need your input to make it sure it’s targeted correctly and features the material you’d like to see. We’ll be publishing a draft outline for the course soon, but there’s still plenty of time to suggest topics you’d like to see covered. Even if you don’t think you’ll be able to attend the course right away (or ever), as a Resin developer or potential Resin developer, we’d like to hear what you want to learn.
To get the ball rolling, let me suggest some topics we’re thinking about. Would you like to learn about…
- Basic JavaEE topics such as Servlet/Filter/Listeners? JSP? JSF?
- JavaEE 6 topics such as Java CanDI and EJB 3.1 Lite?
- Resin specific features like scheduled tasks, embedding, BAM?
- Our profiling and debugging tools?
- Resin plugins for Eclipse, ant, maven, and other tools?
- How to integrate specific external frameworks like Hibernate?
- Resin 4.0 or 3.1?
Please feel free to comment below or to contact me directly with your responses. If I missed something, please let me know! If you’d like to be informed about upcoming Resin development courses or talk about your company’s specific needs, I’d be happy to talk to you about that too.